It’s hard breaking up with someone you love. But it’s even harder when they don’t know how deep your feelings are for them.
If you want to end a relationship but don’t want to hurt the other person, sending a breakup message might be the best way to do it.
Be sensitive in what you say. Don’t accuse or blame the other person – just state your reasons for wanting to break up and leave it at that.
You don’t have to get into long explanations or stories about how things were good, but now they aren’t anymore.
Keep it straightforward so there are no misunderstandings about what you mean by your words.
Don’t use emoticons or smiley faces in your message – these will only make your ex think that maybe this isn’t really over between the two of you and could lead to him/her contacting you again after reading them.
Breaking Up With Someone You Love Messages
Breaking up with someone you love is not an easy thing to do. But breaking up with your partner is better if you see no future with them.
The following messages can help you in telling your boyfriend or girlfriend that it is time to end the relationship.
1. Thank you for being there for me during my time of need. I will always remember our times together fondly and will always cherish them.
But now it’s time to let go. You deserve better than me, and I hope one day, someone who truly deserves your love and affection, like no one else, will come.
2. I believe we both knew this was coming. We’ve been drifting apart for a long time, and I think we need time to figure out who we are as individuals before we can be together again.
3. It’s not you; it’s me… I’m just not feeling like myself anymore and need some time to get my mind straight before I can move forward with our relationship.
4. This isn’t working out for me anymore, and it’s time for us both to move on from each other. I hope you find what you’re looking for, and I wish nothing but the best for you in life! Goodbye!
5. I’m sorry that things couldn’t work out between us. It’s not your fault; it’s mine. You know how much I love you, but things just got complicated, and I don’t think we can make it anymore.
6. This will hurt me more than it hurts you because I love you, but I can’t take this anymore.
7. I hope we can still be friends after all this is over because I don’t want to lose you forever.
8. I don’t want to break up with you, but sometimes things are too hard for me, and I need space to figure out what’s best for us.
9. I like you, and I think we have a lot of fun together, but I’m not ready to date and I know this sounds like a line, but I’m serious about not being ready. I hope you understand!
10. It’s been fun getting to know you, but I’m just not feeling a spark between us and don’t want to lead you on. If it doesn’t work out with others in the future, maybe we can be friends?
11. We’ve been talking for a while now, and I really like you as a person, but it’s not working out romantically for me at this time in my life, so I think we should go our separate ways for now.
12. I don’t want to hurt you, but I am not the right person for you. We both deserve someone who will treat us with respect and love. I hope in time we can be friends.
13. I don’t know what to say or do anymore. I just feel like if this relationship is causing so much pain and stress, then maybe it’s time we end it. I’m sorry.
14. This isn’t working anymore, and I think we need space from each other to figure out what we want in life. Take care of yourself.
15. I know this may shock you, but I think it’s best if we break up before things get any more complicated and difficult.
16. I’m sorry things didn’t work out between us, but I don’t feel we’re compatible enough to make a relationship work.
17. I don’t want to hurt you, but I want us to move on. I know that you’ll find someone else and be happy. Hope you feel the same way about me.”
18. It hurts me so much to say this, but I think we should break up.”
19. We both deserve better than this relationship. I hope one day you’ll find a love that can make you truly happy.”
20. I hope one day we’ll be able to put our differences behind us and start fresh as friends.
21. I am so sorry that I have to do this. I know it will break your heart, but now I am afraid I can’t go on living in the same house with you anymore. It’s not working out between us, and we need to end our relationship as soon as possible.”
22. It hurts me so much to tell you that we need to break up for good because it will change our lives forever. But at least we had some wonderful years together, and now we can look back at them without any regrets!
23. This is not easy for me either, but unfortunately, there is no other alternative left for us than to say goodbye forever.
It is not easy to break up with someone you love. Whether you have broken up with someone because they cheated on you or you just don’t feel the same way anymore, there will always be sadness and regret when it comes to breaking up with someone.
23 Best Positive Break up Messages to Send to Him or Her
How to Make a Couple Break Up (10 Easy Ways)
How to Break Up Someone’s Relationship
21 Best Break Up Messages for Boyfriend
30+ Break up quotes to help you move on easily