Pursuing an MBA from Durham University Business School opens doors to accelerated career growth and leadership roles.
However, the investment required for this prestigious degree is substantial. Thankfully Durham offers a generous range of MBA scholarships to make achieving this transformative degree more affordable.
Durham MBA scholarships provide partial or full funding for admitted students based on merit, leadership potential, diversity, and career impact.
For the September 2024 intake, over £500,000 in scholarships are available.
Having knowledge of the eligibility and the straightforward application process ensures qualified applicants can benefit from potential MBA scholarships.
How to Apply for Durham University MBA Scholarships
Here is a complete guide to applying for Durham MBA scholarships:
Durham offers a suite of MBA scholarships including:
- Executive Dean’s Scholarship – Full tuition funding for up to 3 top applicants demonstrating exceptional leadership experience and potential.
- Executive Dean’s Scholarship – Women in Business – Full tuition for up to 5 exemplary female candidates to advance gender diversity in management.
- Achievement Scholarship – Partial tuition discounts from £5,000 to £15,000 awarded based on merit and potential to 40 admitted students.
In total, Durham award up to £500,000 in scholarships to Full-time MBA students beginning in September 2024.
To qualify for a Durham MBA scholarship, applicants must:
- Hold an offer for Durham’s Full-time MBA program starting September 2024.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience showing increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership achievements, and career impact.
- Exhibit exceptional potential for business success and community impact.
- Be comfortable participating in student leadership and alumni/marketing activities.
- Be fully self-funded – scholarships do not cover externally sponsored tuition.
Durham seeks well-rounded candidates who will contribute on campus and to the business community.
How to Apply
There is no separate application required to apply for Durham University MBA scholarships making it quite straightforward.
The process includes:
- Submit your complete application for the Full-time MBA program by the specified deadline, including transcripts, test scores, essays, recommendation letters, CV, and interview.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission, you will automatically be considered for applicable scholarships.
- The scholarship committee reviews candidates holistically after admissions decisions and selects recipients.
- Scholarship recipients are notified individually of any tuition award alongside their acceptance letter.
So simply focus on submitting the strongest possible MBA application by the deadline.
Top admitted candidates will automatically be evaluated for merit-based scholarships. No extra forms are required.
Durham accepts Full-time MBA applicants on a rolling basis, but scholarship decisions occur in batches following admissions committee review:
- November Round: Admissions offers by mid-December, scholarship decisions by the end of December
- January Round: Admissions offers by end of February, scholarship decisions by mid-March
- March Round: Admissions offers by end of April, scholarship decisions by mid-May
Meeting application deadlines maximizes your chances for admission and scholarship consideration in a review round.
Durham MBA scholarships entail:
- Scholarship funding is applied as a tuition fee reduction rather than cash.
- Scholarships are only for the year awarded – deferment requires reapplication.
- Scholarship recipients must participate in marketing, alumni, and campus activities.
- Tuition funded externally makes candidates ineligible for scholarships.
- Misrepresenting funding sources can lead to withdrawn scholarship offers.
Be sure you can meet the participation and self-funding requirements expected of recipients.
Maintaining Your Scholarship
To retain a scholarship, recipients must:
- Uphold academic performance standards throughout the program.
- Complete MBA studies within the normal 1-year timeline for full-time students.
- Comply with the MBA program’s community standards and code of conduct.
- Contribute 20 hours per term to leadership, marketing, and alumni relations activities.
- Act professionally and ethically as a student representative.
Make the most of the transformative year ahead and the privilege of extra support through a merit scholarship.
Maximizing Your Competitiveness
Make your MBA application stand out to improve admissions and scholarship chances with these tips:
- Research Durham’s values and highlight alignment in your essays and interviews.
- Showcase professional achievements and demonstrated leadership experience.
- Emphasize contributions to extracurriculars, nonprofits, or community initiatives.
- Obtain glowing recommendation letters from managers detailing your potential.
- Convey specific aspirations to lead, innovate, and make a difference in business.
- Review successful scholarship essays for inspiration.
With diligent preparation, demonstrated excellence, and passion for Durham, your application can catch the scholarship committee’s eye.
Durham University Business School offers prestigious MBA scholarships up to full tuition that make achieving this career-accelerating degree more accessible.
Thanks to an integrated application process, candidates automatically receive consideration for scholarships upon admission.
Take advantage of this opportunity by applying early, emphasizing your leadership goals, and demonstrating the qualities of a dynamic Durham alumnus.
With financial support, you can focus fully on unlocking your potential to transform business and society through Durham’s outstanding MBA program.
Top 10 Online MBA Programs in the USA
10 Best Online Universities to Get Your MBA
Go Global MBA Scholarship 2024 – How to Apply
MBA Scholarship Programs in Australia with Students’ Insurance
Student Loan Jamaica: A Guide for Borrowers