The word Happiness comes with different meanings to different folks and individuals. It is almost everyone’s wish to have a life filled with loads of happiness, to be fulfilled, and to have a beautiful life. But happiness most of the time is what eludes a whole lot of folks because they don’t know how to make themselves happy. It’s either one is seeking happiness from the wrong places, or they rely and depend on others to make them happy.
Life, as it is, has its ups and downs. A lot of times, things often do not go as one wants or plans. Most of the time, it leaves you disappointed, so tired, and sad. But even at that, it is paramount that when such happens, you don’t beat yourself up by being all sad, and gloomy. For as long as you are living, there will always be one life’s problem or the other that would need you to overcome it.
In the olden days, people of old lived their lives in the simplest form they could. And they tried as much as possible to be very happy with the things they had. But in today’s world, with a whole lot of things all around you. With competition from friends, family members, society challenging you to show how worthy you are, and you strive with all the energy in you to be that.
And when you cannot meet up, you most times tend to withdraw yourself from reality and drown yourself in depression. Which should never be so!
At the moment, you might be going through some personal life issues, in which you feel so sad most of the time. And you tend to be confused on how to at least be happy. And you keep asking yourself, how can I be happy? If you will ever experience true happiness? And a whole lot of personal questions??
Hence, always remember, you only have one life to live. Hence, it’s very paramount that irrespective of what you might be going through. You are the only person who can truly make yourself happy. This is because, you are the only person that owes yourself that expensive gesture to be happy, and not anyone else.
Therefore, below are Powerful Quotes on Happiness to remind you why you need to be happy on a daily basis;
1. Happiness comes from you. No one else can make you happy. You make you happy. Beyoncé
2. You don’t need too many people to be happy, just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are. Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things. Henry Ward Beecher
4. Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” Dalai Lama
5. Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. Franklin D. Roosevelt
6. We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”– Frederick Keonig
7. Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit. – Hosea Ballou
8. In order to have great happiness you have to have great pain and unhappiness – otherwise, how would you know when you’re happy? Leslie Caron
9. Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window — or break down a door. Brooke Shields
10. Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be. Abraham Lincoln
11. Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers’ gardens.”– Douglas Jerrol
Interesting Quotes on Happiness;
12. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are. — Goldie Hawn
13. There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.”– Freya Stark
14. Happiness is a place between too much and too little.” – Finnish proverb
15. Happiness is only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer
15. Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though it were his own.”– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
16. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
17. Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. Franklin D. Roosevelt
18. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed.
Read Also: 49 Powerful Quotes On Forgiveness
19. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”– Denis Waitley
20. The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.”– Eric Hoffer
21. The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.”– Chuck Palahniuk
22. Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.”– Cynthia Nelms
23.If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself.
Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you.”– Lao Tzu
24.Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future.
Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.”– Earl Nightingale
25.Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. — Jim Rohn
More Great Quotes;
26. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”– James Oppenheim
27. You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”– Jonathan Safran Foer
28. It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” – Charles Spurgeon.
29. We can’t control the world. We can only (barely) control our own reactions to it. Happiness is largely a choice, not a right or entitlement.”– David C. Hill.
30. If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.”– Edith Wharton
31. How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now, and there will never be a time when it is not now.”– Gerald Jampolsky
32. I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success.” – Diego Val
33. Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so.”– John Stuart Mill
34. There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved. — George Sand
35. My family didn’t have a lot of money, and I’m grateful for that. Money is the longest route to happiness.”– Evangeline Lilly
36. The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have. — Woody Allen
More Beautiful Quotes
37. Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”– Joseph Addison
38.Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things. Ann Brashares
39.Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present. Jim Rohn
40.There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”– George Sand
41.Happiness is not a goal … it’s a by-product of a life well-lived. Eleanor Roosevelt
42. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.Dalai Lama
43. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. — Denis Waitley
44. I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”– Jane Austen, Pride, and Prejudice
45. The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.”– Carrie Jones
Clay Bank (Unsplash)